Securely run and grow your nonprofit with an integrated solution purpose-built for small and mid-sized organizations: Microsoft 365.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is the productivity cloud that brings together best-in-class Office apps with powerful cloud services, device management, and advanced security.
Benefits of Microsoft 365 for Your Nonprofit
- Connect employees to the people, information, and content they need to improve productivity and transform collaboration.
- Transform the way you manage your business and simplify the way work gets done with modern tools that streamline business processes.
- Help safeguard your employees, data, and customer information with enterprise-grade security you can trust.
Discounts and Donations for Nonprofits
Microsoft is dedicated to making the benefits of world-class cloud technology accessible and affordable for nonprofits. Microsoft offers discounted and donated industry-leading solutions for nonprofits. At Shoreline Technology Solutions, we are helping nonprofits with the setup of 10 Microsoft 365 Business Premium licenses ($200/month value) for free. If you’re a nonprofit, we will work with your group to use your TechSoup account(s) and navigate the Microsoft Portal to get qualified with Microsoft.
Nonprofit Eligibility for Microsoft Discounts & Donations
Your nonprofit must meet ALL FIVE of the following criteria below to be eligible for Microsoft’s donated and discounted services. See microsoft.com/en-us/nonprofits/eligibility for more information.
- Organization eligibility. Organizations must be a nonprofit or non-governmental organization with recognized legal status in their respective country (equal to 501(c)(3) status under the United States Internal Revenue Code).
- Mission eligibility. In addition to the criteria above, eligible organizations must also operate on a not-for-profit basis and have a mission to benefit the local community that could include, but is not limited to: providing relief to the poor, advancing education, improving social welfare, preserving culture, preserving or restoring the environment, promoting human rights, establishment of civil society.
- User licensing. Donated nonprofit offers are permitted for: Paid nonprofit employees; Unpaid executive staff that act as senior leadership for the nonprofit. Eligible unpaid executive roles include Board of Directors, President, Officers, Executive Director, and Executive Program Directors only. Discounted nonprofit offers are permitted for all nonprofit staff and volunteers.
- License restrictions. Organizations cannot share, transfer, rent, or resell nonprofit licenses or subscriptions with/to other organizations or individuals even if they are part of the same group. If the group has both nonprofit and for-profit organizations in its legal structure, nonprofit offers are only permitted for the eligible nonprofit organizations. Additionally, groups with centrally managed information technology (IT) systems are only eligible for one donation account. Please contact Microsoft to learn more about enterprise licensing options.
- Non-discrimination. Microsoft values and respects individual and cultural differences and is committed to providing an inclusive environment that is welcoming and free from discrimination. Therefore, organizations are not eligible to participate in the Microsoft nonprofit program if they have a policy or mission of discrimination in hiring, compensation, promotion, termination, retirement, training, programs, and/or services based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership, or veteran status. The only exception to this policy is for religious organizations that are exempt from laws that prohibit such discrimination.
As Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) consultants and Michigan Managed Service Providers (MSPs) we help nonprofits and small businesses with Microsoft 365 cloud migrations, deployments, managed services, and more. Our Office 365 consultants will be glad to help you select an optimal set of apps to create a digital workplace that fits your business needs.
Contact us today to learn how our Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) consultants can help your nonprofit or learn more about the Office 365 SaaS backup protection offered by Shoreline Technology Solutions.