There are different types of companies offering SD-WAN solutions. They can be categorized as follows:
These companies formed to meet this market with a specialized SD-WAN product, and base their value largely on their software and management platform.
- Cisco SD-WAN powered by Viptela. Connect any user to any application with integrated capabilities for multicloud, security, unified communications, and application optimization—all on a SASE-enabled architecture.
- Silver Peak. Shift to a modern business-driven SD-WAN edge that yields maximum value from your existing and ongoing cloud and digital transformation initiatives.
- Versa Networks. Comprehensive security, full-featured SD-WAN, advanced routing, genuine multi-tenancy, seamless multi-cloud, and sophisticated analytics delivered via one software stack and one management interface to anyone on any device anywhere in the world.
- Oracle SD-WAN (Talari). Oracle SD-WAN was created to solve the ongoing IT challenges network managers face every day—from expensive, sluggish, inflexible WANs to difficulties deploying new office WAN links and accessing cloud services. With Oracle SD-WAN, enterprises can benefit from internet economics, leverage high-bandwidth and inexpensive Internet connections, and safely migrate applications to the public cloud and SaaS at their own pace – without sacrificing the high availability and predictable application performance they expect from their MPLS-only WANs.
- VMware SD-WAN (VeloCloud). VMware SD-WAN™ delivers high-performance, reliable branch access to cloud services, private data centers, and SaaS-based enterprise applications.
Security appliances are at a critical control point at all corporate network sites, and most already include routing and networking features. So, adding SD-WAN features to their platforms is a natural fit. The advantage of these solutions over other SD-WAN options is that they are willing to provide SD-WAN at no/little cost in order to earn the security business. Over time, this will make it hard for other providers to charge extra for SD-WAN except where they offer SD-WAN features beyond what security solutions typically provide, such as a dedicated Internet backbone for backhauling and prioritizing traffic (Cato, Bigleaf ). Examples include:
Some ISPs have packaged SD-WAN solutions for businesses, many of which are OEM solutions from the SD-WAN providers listed above. These include:
- Verizon (Cisco Viptela or Meraki)
- AT&T (VeloCloud)
- CenturyLink (Versa Networks)
- Deutsche Telekom
- British Telecom (Nuage)
This information was made available via WatchGuard’s SD-WAN Buyer’s Guide, their look at the promise of SD-WAN and perspectives to help businesses identify the right solution for their organization.
About Shoreline Technology Solutions
As a Holland, Michigan Managed Service Provider (MSP), we offer more than just server disaster recovery and break-fix IT support. We evaluate and organize your network, keeping your data backed up and secure—at all times. Don’t wait for server disaster to find a qualified Managed Services Provider. Reach out to Shoreline Technology Solutions today. Our information technology company will evaluate your network free-of-charge and provide you with best-in-class hardware and cloud-based solutions. We’re excited to hear from you!